EVENT SCHEDULE 2021
Jelly Bean Fling (Spring Festival)
Saturday, March 20, 2021, 9 a.m. - 5 p.m.
Please join us for a wonderful Spring Festival at the Pioneer Florida Museum & Village in Dade City!
* Live entertainment with Sphere's Bubble Magic at 11 a.m. and 1 p.m. sponsored by the awesome San Antonio Citizens Federal Credit Union, in front of the Overstreet House (yellow 2 story)
* Soccer Collies at , 9:45, 10:45, 11:45, 12:45, 1:45, 2:45, and 3:45, in front of the Blanton Packing House (big silver building)
* Petting zoo (all day)
* Make your own Easter Bonnet or hats for the boys and other crafts in the Mabel Jordan Barn (50 cents each) while supplies last
* Wonderful shopping vendors, food vendors and concessions (pulled pork dinners with yellow rice and black beans, burgers, grilled chicken, hot dogs, desserts and more).
* Egg hunt throughout the day, Outside only.
* Children's Games in the Mabel Jordan Barn (50 cents each and prizes given out while they last)
* Complementary family photos, 9 a.m. - 2 p.m. by Boiler House Photography (short break at 11 a.m.-11:30). * All museum buildings open, traditional crafters * Blacksmith demonstrations * Model train room open
We apologize, the phone number on the flyer is incorrect, the correct phone number is 352-567-0262. We are working to get it corrwcted. Thank you.
Raid on Renault II: A Second World War Living History Event
April 24 and 25, 10am to 4pm (battle reenactment 2pm)
The Germans have been spotted bringing up a railway gun in order to shell advanced Allied
positions. In Raid on Renault I, the Allies encountered fierce resistance outside of the town of
Renault. In Raid on Renault II, the Allies and Free French fighters launch a full-fledged attack to
liberate the town and capture the railroad station.
The event will feature:
- Battle reenactment (2pm)
- Living history displays portraying the French resistance, Allies and Axis troops in Europe, civilian home front and much more…
- Live Audio/Visual presentations on World War II history
- 1940s radio show vignettes
- Great food
Special School Field Trip day - April 23, 2021, 9 am - 1 pm - PRE-REGISTRATION REQUIRED
For Teachers: Next Generation Sunshine State Standards
SS.4.A.1.1: Analyze primary and secondary resources to identify significant individuals and events throughout Florida history.
SS.4.A.8.1: Identify Florida's role in the Civil Rights Movement.
SS.912.A.1.2: Utilize a variety of primary and secondary sources to identify author, historical significance, audience, and authenticity to understand a historical period.
More information for upcoming events coming soon!
PASCO COUNTY ORDINANCE: Everyone has to wear a face covering while in most indoor public places within Pasco County, (under 2 yrs. exempt). Please wear your mask when you enter the Pioneer Florida Museum, practice social distancing, and wash or sanitize your hands often. The museum frequently sanitizes common areas and has hand sanitizer available. Masks are not required while you are outside, if you can socially distance from those not in your party. If you are sick, please stay home. The health and safety of our staff, guests and volunteers is our highest priority.
Pasco County Historical Society – Next meeting, TBA
The Pasco County Historical Society Meeting in the Mabel Jordan Barn, Enter through Gate 4
Pioneer Florida Museum & Village - 15602 Pioneer Museum Road - Dade City, FL 33523
Guests are welcome. Food items (if any) should be very limited to snacks for personal use and not for sharing.
COVID-19 precautions should be strictly in force – face masks, social distancing (6 feet apart), wash hands often, avoid touching eyes, nose and mouth with unwashed hands.
LOCATION: The museum is located 1.3 miles north of downtown Dade City, at the corner of US 301 and Museum Road, turn east onto Museum Road and cross the railroad tracks, turn north (left) follow the signs to the Mabel Jordan Barn at the north end of the grounds.
For additional information, contact Brian Swann,
Historical society meetings are free and open to the public.
Organized in 1976
Mission: Pasco County Historical Society is dedicated to the education and preservation of the historical and cultural heritage of Pasco County and the State of Florida.
Address for Society: P.O. Box 795, San Antonio, FL 33576
CLASSES - No Classes currently scheduled