Blanton Packing House

This structure was built in 1909 and opened in 1910, employing many area people and shipping citrus by rail and truck.

The Blanton Packing House was a working citrus plant until the 1989 killer freeze and was like a museum within it's walls. The Pioneer Museum and Village is in the process of preserving history and now we are in the phase of re-constructing this Blanton Packing House back to a working structure. The Museum has formed a Citrus Committee of agricultural citrus growers, packers, processors, business and professional members. They will help with historical information, research, financial fund raising.

(click image for close-up view)




.